i have found my perfect laptop, it has everything 11n, blu-ray,
1. It has AMD M780G chipset (780G, HD 3200 supports UVD hardware decoding of H.264/VC-1/MPEG-2 in MPC-HC/TotalMedia/PowerDVD/WinDVD)
2. It has HDMI with Sound & eSATA
3. Dosnt cost much aka around $500-1000 depening on config
4. You can configure it you self, like you can add a Blu-Ray ROM!
5. Did i say it has a Awesome 3D performance IGP? same as AMD 780G on motherbords
Operating system: Genuine Windows Vista Home Premium with Service Pack 1 (64-bit)
Processor: AMD Turion(TM) X2 Ultra Dual-Core Mobile Processor ZM-82 (2.2GHz)
Display: 15.4″ diagonal WXGA High-Definition HP BrightView Widescreen Display (1280 x 800)
Memory: FREE Upgrade to 4GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm) from 1GB DDR2 System Memory (2 Dimm)!!
Graphics card: ATI Radeon(TM) HD 3200 Graphics
Hard drive: FREE Upgrade to 250GB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive with HP ProtectSmart Hard Drive Protection
Networking: Wireless-N Card with Bluetooth
Primary DVD/CD drive: Blu-Ray ROM with SuperMulti DVD+/-R/RW Double Layer
Primary battery: 6 Cell Lithium Ion Battery
Total Cost is $884.99
List of cards that should be able to decode H.264/VC-1/MPEG-2 in hardware
Media Player Classic Home Cinema
Arcsoft TotalMedia Theatre 3 Platinum
CyberLink PowerDVD Ultra
Corel WinDVD 9 BD
ATI Avivo HD technology is designed for high-end, high definition video playback in home theater systems. Free your CPU to power other applications with new UVD (Unified Video Decoder) hardware processing of HD video formats.
Unified Video Decoder (UVD)
UVD frees up your CPU for other tasks so you get The Ultimate Visual Experience™ for even the most processing-intensive content, including full decode of VC-1 and H.264
Unified Video Decoder 2 (UVD2)
UVD 2.0, Also, take full advantage of Blu-ray functionality with dual-stream, picture in picture (PIP) capabilities, including full decode of VC-1, H.264 and MPEG-2.
ATI Radeon HD 4000 Series** (UVD2, LPCM upto 7.1, DTS/DD)
ATI Radeon HD 3000 Series* (UVD, LPCM 2.0, 5.1 DTS/DD)
ATI Radeon HD 2000 Series (UVD, LPCM 2.0, 5.1 DTS/DD)
AMD 785G (HD 4200, UVD2, LPCM upto 7.1, 5.1 DTS/DD)
AMD 790GX (HD 3300, UVD, LPCM upto 2.0, 5.1 DTS/DD)
AMD 780G (HD 3200,UVD, LPCM upto 2.0, 5.1 DTS/DD)
**Unknown support for DTS-HD, DTS-HD Master Audio, TrueHD, Dolby Digital Plus (specs says it supports)
Audio via DVI-D also works
785, HD 4000 Series support Hardware Picture in Picture
NVIDIA GeForce 8 Series and above incorporate a revolutionary new video processing architecture, making them them capable of offloading Blu-ray video decoding (H.264, VC-1, MPEG-2) from the CPU. This added processing power gives PureVideo HD technology the ability to support more features as they are added to Blu-ray movies, including “picture-in-picture”, interactive games and menus, and higher bit-rate / higher video quality.
NVIDIA Geforce GTX Series* (LPCM 2.0, 5.1 DTS/DD)
NVIDIA Geforce 9000 Series* (LPCM 2.0, 5.1 DTS/DD)
NVIDIA Geforce 8000 Series* (LPCM 2.0, 5.1 DTS/DD)
Geforce 9400/9300 IGP (7.1 LPCM, 5.1 DTS/DD)
Geforce 8300/8200 IGP (7.1 LPCM, 5.1 DTS/DD)
*8000 series dont support full decode of VC-1
*Discrete only supports DTS/DD 5.1 via SPDIF (internal cable needed)
Intel® Clear Video Technology, includes built-in support for smooth high-definition video playback without the need for add-in video cards or decoders. a combination of video processing hardware and software technologies designed to enhance the visual experience.
Intel G45 (LPCM 7.1, 5.1 DTS/DD)
Intel G43 (LPCM 7.1, 5.1 DTS/DD)
Intel G41 (LPCM 7.1, 5.1 DTS/DD)
Intel G35 (LPCM 7.1, 5.1 DTS/DD)
well i changed the setup a little since i posted last time
my new setup is now
Gigabyte GA-MA78GM-S2H (Best Blu-Ray Hardware Decoding and 3D Performance)
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000 Black Edition (underclocked to 2.0ghz/1.2v, less heat in my tiny case!)
OCZ Gold XTC PC6400 2GB Dual Channel (stock)
Seagate Baracuda 7200.10 320GB (i moved the samsung in my server)
Hiper Media Chassis Black (same)
Sony KDL-40W2000 (same)
ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre – Enhance your movie watching experience with tons of cool features and options that you just can’t get from a standard DVD player. With a stylish, intuitive interface that makes it easy for beginners, and a wide assortment of advanced options that video enthusiasts crave, ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre does everything but pop your popcorn.
* ArcSoft TotalMedia Theatre was previously named ArcSoft Digital Theatre
Code: earlyxmas09 (40% off) (ends 12/5/2008)
Code: Registration08 (20% off)
1. Make a S3 bucket using Cloudberry with name flv.yourdomain.com
2. Make a sub domain named flv.yourdomain.com then cname it to s3.amazonaws.com
3. Upload your flv or video files to your flv.yourdomain.com s3 bucket using cloudberry
4. Right click your files and select ACL
5. Now select All Users, then Read 6. Now just point your current player to http://flv.yourdomain.com/videofile1.flv
found this the other day, its a nice little client for your Amazon S3 account, you can transfer files to and from your S3 Buckets and between S3 Buckets!
Following is a list of CloudBerry Explorer main functions:
- Browse S3 buckets
- Register any number of Amazon S3 accounts
- Copy and move file between Amazon S3 and local computer
- Create and delete buckets
- Connect to one or more Amazon S3 accounts
- Copy file between two S3 accounts fast and free of charge
- Work with any number of Amazon S3 accounts simultaneously
- Setup file access permissions
- Share buckets, folders and files located on Amazon S3 with other users
- Automate common tasks with Microsoft PowerShell
- Generate external URLs
- Work with other users’ buckets
- Comming soon: Generate time limited URLs
- Comming soon: Setup file content types
Thinking how the CloudBerry Explorer can help you? These are the answers. With the CloudBerry Explorer you can:
- Backup your data to the “cloud”
Instead of using classic data storages located in remote data centers you can use Amazon S3. In this case you will not pay for space you don’t use! You will pay only for what you use.
Amazon will take care of reliability and scalability. The data in Amazon S3 stored at several data centers.
- Store your media files
You can easily store your files such as photos, videos, music.
You can share the files with your friends.
This content will be always available from everywhere (you need only internet access).
- Share documents
You can upload documents and share them with the other people.
It is possible to restrict access.
More Info: http://www.cloudberrylab.com/?id=7